6/12/2008

Flea Market sign

Since I'm not getting much painting done in my craft room, I thought I'd show y'all what I painted outside. It was too big to bring in the house! My DH has been going to the local flea market for around 30 years. They needed a new sign (I painted the old one, too) so I finished this one up recently. There are 2 big signs, about 4 ft. by 8 ft. They will be mounted back to back. Pretty basic stuff, but I enjoy it.


I love lettering signs and posters. I used to make the posters for the school Carnival when I was in grade school. No photos from back then, tho! (were there even cameras?)
Besides my job as a telephone operator, I ended up making signs and doing the artwork at the phone company for 30+ years.

Part of a big wall calendar that I painted each month. It was about 6 feet tall and 5 feet across. I used markers and sometimes colored chalk to get a softer look.
Lots of Pat Olson designs! I have almost every book she ever did!

A couple pix of our "team" promotions.


I liked to doodle while I was working, too! LoL! Don't tell my old boss!

It was fun getting to do what I loved, but I'm sure glad to be retired now!!
Hope you enjoyed a few of my "back in the day" photos.

No comments: