9/07/2008

Flea Market Sunday


Here's a few items from the flea market this weekend!
I knew that some of the sewers out there would like this vintage toy sewing machine. The cardboard carrier is pretty worn, but it has the original little doll patterns inside and a measuring tape. So cute!


It even has tiny cardboard hangers for the doll clothes.



This paper tag is a game card.
It came from a young lady's high school scrapbook from the late 20's.

I love the scorecard side of this.
The note is so cool!
It reads, "Miss Spencer, I went to a Bunko party-I had a blind date-proved rather interesting."

This newspaper clipping was in the same scrapbook.

A great book of poems!





And here's one of my favorites of the postcards.

Have a few more finds, and will try to post more later. I am going to finish some painting projects this afternoon.

Thanks for visiting! Please leave a comment!! I love to hear from everybody!

6 comments:

~SkullBlossom~ said...

Wow! What a haul! I love that game card, too -- and the poem by the "Lone Star Cynic" is amazing! LOL!

Terri said...

What fabulous finds!! I would be holding that sewing kit and just admiring it all day!! What a treasure!

simple~needs said...

i love allt he goodies you found...... i love the poem alot!!! it is so true!!
kim
p.s. we have the same blog banner. :)

Oakleaf Hollow Primitives said...

LoL! Yes, that Lone Star Cynic poem is cool. I showed it to my DDs.

I have more flea finds to post, but haven't had time to take pics.

And hey, Kim! I love your banner too! LoL! Where'd we get it from? Anybody know? It's driving me nuts that I can't remember! I snagged a couple other very nice ones from the same place.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Whooo...some really interesting finds! That little sewing machine is so far past adorable that you can't even see it from here! lol Interesting tag and clipping--it's always so intriguing to get little glimpses into past lives. That poetry book is wonderful too--I'd love to have a mosey through that!
Smiles, Karen

Karen said...

What a wonderful sewing machine! Very neat! I'm looking at everyone's blogs listed on P&R, thought yours looked familiar, then laughed, cuz you're already one of my favorites!!!