1/27/2009

Tagged and an Award! :-D

The plumbers and restoration people are finally out of here. (See previous post!) We are now in the midst of an ice storm, so while the power is still on, I'd better get to posting! We are very fortunate, our power was only off for a few hours overnight, but it's sleeting and freezing more as I type. Yikes!

I've been tagged by my Etsy pal, Debora, of "Beadin' By The Sea." She lives in Washington State and makes beautiful jewelry pieces, literally, by the sea! This "Create" necklace is one of my favorites.


Here's her Etsy shop link...check it out!

Beadin' By The Sea on Etsy

So, I need to list 6 random things about myself:



1. I'm a big *list* maker... I have lots of little notebooks, post its, and tall skinny notepads with magnets on the back to prove it. I usually lose these lists and have to make more lists. They are seldom followed. It's a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when I can check off about 50% of the list...then I start a new list of what's left.


2. I love to paint on crazy surfaces. I 've painted on volleyballs for the U of A. They used them for trophies. I've also painted shoes for UA fans and some of the players family members. When the Razorbacks won the NCAA Basketball Tourney back in '94 (I think) some of my painted shoes were pictured in a special edition of Sports Illustrated.
This photo is from a couple years ago, when I painted shoes for some of the teams' family members.


3. I have a crush on Hugh Jackman. If you've seen him or any of his work, no explanation is needed.



4. I like to take lots and lots of photos. The first item purchased when I got married was a good camera. (37 years ago!) I'd rather have a new camera than a new couch!



5. Old movies are my very favorite---30's and 40's !! No, I was not born then, but I still enjoy the nostalgia and the simpleness of the times.


6. I have too many *collections*...clocks, snowglobes, snowmen, Toy Story, vintage christmas stuff. I am trying to simplify more, so some of this has gotta go!



So there's some of my rambling randomness. Hope it wasn't tooo boring. ;]

I will refrain from tagging anyone else at this time (unless you want to volunteer? LoL!)

*****************************************

I'm also very happy that I've received a blog award from Shirley of Xashee's Corner! Check out her blog here: Xashee's Corner



Thanks very much, Shirley! I hope the random stuff about me above will count as my list! LoL!


4 comments:

xashee's corner said...

Thanks for sharing those random things about you! it's so much FUN learning about new friends! :D
i, too, have too many collections!! Hubby and i have been together almost 10 years and i really didn't start them till we moved to California, don't ask me why, i sure couldn't explain it! hehe Teapots, little chairs, watering cans, bunnies just to name a few!!! hehe oh and jewelry LATELY!! and that Beading by the Beach stuff looks AWESOME!! :D
anywaysss, thanks again for ALLLL you share, i really am enjoying getting to know you! :D Hope you have a WONDERFUL Wedneday!

Oakleaf Hollow Primitives said...

I have a bunch of watering cans, too! How funny! I paint on them and use them to decorate around the yard and in the garden. I am thinking about even adding a new Vintage Shop on Etsy to sell some of our collectibles. We are lost in stuff!

julie

Beadin By The Sea said...

Hi Julie, thanks for sharing and adding the pictures for emphasis. Are you that sweet little girl holding the camera? We love old movies around here too! We end up watching a lot of B&W even though we have a big screen HDTV, go figure! They really don't make movies like they used too; that you feel comfortable letting the whole family watch. Thanks also for "plugging" my shop!

Oakleaf Hollow Primitives said...

Heehee, nope, that's not me in the picture. I found a really neat site that has tons of vintage camera stuff. I just love that photo.