6/01/2008

...the moona, and the junea, and the springa...

Wow! It's already the 1st day of June! Time seems to stand still when we're young, but boy does it fly by when we're *ahem* older! I'm still a kid at heart, tho'! That's why I'm posting this vintage Merrie Melodies Toon. It's one of my favorites. The little Owl Jolson wants to follow his dream to sing. It's about finding your passion and then things will fall into place. The art in these old toons is wonderful,too. It's all in the details. The song that he sings is perfect for June! Hope y'all will enjoy this toon from the 30's.
Happy June!

5 comments:

mrstank said...

Great post...

Oakleaf Hollow Primitives said...

Thanks for the nice comment! :)
Love your blog, too!!

Unknown said...

How nice of you! Of course, you are nice b/c you are my MOM! *wink...

Here's your cookbook *get busy* reminder! :0)

Rock River Stitches said...

Oh Wow...thanks for posting that cartoon. It sure does bring back memories watching that when I was a little girl! Loved those little owls!

Tammy

Oakleaf Hollow Primitives said...

I so agree! They're just the cutest little owls! The old toons have the most beautiful artwork and scenery. I find myself looking at all the little details in each one.
So happy that you enjoyed it, Tammy!!